Friday, October 17, 2008

Biodata

I hope to pursue a career path in the financial and analytical sector. The relevant and holistic courses that I have taken in NUS have enhanced my analytical skills. Most importantly, I have learnt the essential statistical computer software in the current business world. Furthermore, my short stint as an intern in Citibusiness has given me a boost in confidence to deal with data statistics. My other interests are in reading economics books and practising new statistical software to further enhance my knowledge in this forte.

Meanwhile, I’m also proficient in speaking and writing both English and mandarin. In addition, my officer background with the youth organization, National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC), has inculcated leadership and motivational qualities that would be useful in my prospective career. Currently, I am also serving as an adult volunteer with the Singapore Red Cross Society. I firmly believe in contributing to the society and helping others in whatever way I can. Finally, I hope to see myself successful in the financial analyst field in the next 10 to 15 years time.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Biodata is a bit long--it may be good to try to summarize it concisely? You can still leave your intro at the top though. It's interesting.

So do you have any definite plan in mind? 5 year goals? 10 year goals? Where do you want to work?

Writing your biodata around your specific career plans may help to make it more focussed and clear.

Danny Wong said...

Hey Jia Hao,

I think your biodata is a bit too long. Perhaps you should focus more on the points that you think are important.

For example, the qualities that you have, your future aim etc.

Cheers,
Danny.

Baoqing said...

hmmm. very convincing, expcept that it is a bit long, 240words. but i guess it is ok, as long as it is very convincing and it does seem to be very convincing to me at least. If i were an employer, i would definitely consider hiring you seriously.:)

YILIN said...

Dear Jia Hao

This draft of your biodata is very comprehensive, in fact, too comprehensive, too much details. I suppose a biodata should allow readers to have a quick general impression of you and make them want to meet with you just by reading a short write-up on you. The crux of the matter and the most interesting things should appeal to them. As such, I guess it might be more appropriate to keep your biodata more concise!

I do not disagree with Sharon on your introduction being interesting but I feel that it might be irrelevant to explain the sudden interest or necessity of your actions.

Best
Yilin

:: Jiahao :: said...

Hi fellow classmates, thank you for all the valuable comments. I guess I was abit naggy in my introduction. Shall do some editing after viewing some of your marvellous posts. Really Concise and concrete.

Brad Blackstone said...

Dear Jia Hao,

Thanks for your effort. As the others mention, you have lots of info here, which in a bio statement may be a fault. You can condense this without reducing the vital info of your background.

Thanks!

One language issue:

"I would be graduating"

Brad Blackstone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.